- SWCD Assistance
- SWCD Information & Education
- Water Quality Management Plan Program
- Flood Control Programs
- Poultry WQMP Program
- Water Supply Enhancement Program
- Rio Grande Carrizo Cane Eradication Program
- Texas Nonpoint Source Management Program
- Total Maximum Daily Load Program
- Watershed Protection Plan Program
- Environmental Data Quality Management
- Coastal Nonpoint Source Pollution Control Program
- Invasive Species
- Water Quality Complaint Resolution
- State Grants
- Agency Reports
- About Us
- Media & Press
- Contact Us
You are here
Soil and Water Stewardship Public Speaking Contest
About The Contest
The Soil & Water Stewardship Public Speaking Contest is open to high school ag science students interested in conservation. The contest is aimed at broadening students' interest and knowledge of conservation and how people must depend on and take care of the world around them for survival .
The contest is conducted through the Texas FFA, with contests at the local, area and state level. To prepare for the contest, students are to consult with their ag science teacher and work with their local soil and water conservation district. Students are encouraged to visit with their local SWCD to find out more about conservation practices in their area.
This project is a partnership between the Texas FFA, the Vocational Agriculture Teacher's Association of Texas, The Texas State Soil and Water Conservation Board, and the Association of Texas Soil and Water Conservation Districts.
- TSSWCB Scholarship Rules and Regulations (PDF) contains TSSWCB scholarship information.
- Other information and resources on Soil Stewardship Week are available from the National Association of Conservation Districts website.
Note On Viewing Portable Document Format (PDF) documents
To view the PDF document listed on this page you will need to have Adobe Acrobat® Reader installed on your computer. The software is available as a free download from the Adobe website.