- SWCD Assistance
- SWCD Information & Education
- Water Quality Management Plan Program
- Flood Control Programs
- Poultry WQMP Program
- Water Supply Enhancement Program
- Texas Nonpoint Source Management Program
- Total Maximum Daily Load Program
- Watershed Protection Plan Program
- Environmental Data Quality Management
- Coastal Nonpoint Source Pollution Control Program
- Invasive Species
- Water Quality Complaint Resolution
- State Grants
- Agency Reports
- About Us
- Media & Press
- Contact Us
TSSWCB Governor Appointee Board Member
Larry D. Jacobs
Larry D. Jacobs of Montgomery, Texas, was appointed on June 22, 2005 by Governor Rick Perry to serve on the Texas State Soil and Water Conservation Board. Jacobs served on the Montgomery County Soil and Water Conservation District Board from 1996 to 2002, serving two of those years as Chairman following several years as Vice-Chairman. He also served as the Chairman of the Water Resources Committee of the Association of Texas Soil and Water Conservation Districts for three years.
Jacobs is currently a Director and Vice-Chairman of the Sam Houston Resource Conservation and Development Council and serves on the Coastal Prairie Conservation Initiative Committee. He is a member of the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association serving on the Natural Resources and Environment Committee. Additionally, Jacobs was a Director of the Lone Star Groundwater Conservation District and was a non-voting member of the Region H Regional Water Planning Group.
Jacobs and his son partner in a cow-calf and grass-feed beef business, JTX Cattle Company. Jacobs is also a real estate broker and is involved in investments. He is a member of the National Association of Realtors and the Texas Association of Realtors.
Soil and Water Conservation Involvment
- June 2005, appointed by the Governor to the Texas State Soil and Water Conservation Board.
- Former member of the Montgomery County Soil and Water Conservation District Board from 1996 to 2002, two years as chairman.
- Past Chairman of the Water Resource Committee of the Association of Texas Soil and Water Conservation Districts for three years.
- Currently a Director and Vice-Chairman of the Sam Houston Resource Conservation and Development Council.
- Past Director of the Lone Star Groundwater Conservation District.